1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety Is Making All Of This So Much More Difficult

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by eofox, Oct 4, 2015.

1. eofox

So about three weeks ago I met this girl at a festival who I kind of hit it off with. For about two weeks we just kind of talked and kind of became decent friends. When I originally met her I had asked if she was straight which she replied to as "yes." I've been on hormones for about 4 and a half months now (mtf) and would probably say I look kind of femme andro more than masc. (I identify as female but my entire gender expression is very much kind of a feminine androgyny... which makes no sense, but whatever.)

Anyway, over the last week I kind of started to flirt with her and ended up developing a crush that I already had on her by even more. It got to the point where I had to ask her if there was a chance of a romantic relationship (my flirting had become... unnecessary). She said that she'd never had any feelings for a girl before, but had developed feelings (highly based on emotion and personality) for me and that she was willing to try.

It has only been a few days since she told me, and I know that I can often do things too fast (my brain just never stops). I'm trying it out, but I don't know how to take it slow. I've never been close to much less in a relationship before. I don't want to ruin it by freaking her out or anything... the anxiety about this whole situation and that I could very well mess it up by doing things too quickly is freaking me out. Any advice would be so helpful. :eusa_doh:

2. Fentrion

Based on what you've written, she may find you interesting but I don't think she is attracted to you.

Regardless of that, maybe you can just do what seems natural and don't worry about minutiae. There is not a "right" way of handling about such situations. Whether she likes you or not, you are a complete person on your own.

I used to be anxious about a girl myself, and only because she was the first person I really flirted with. Even though I was cool and detached at the beginning, she lost interest as I became more neurotic and "emotional". I'm glad it never went anywhere though, since I've come to believe that guys are easier to love.

#2 Fentrion, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015