1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do? Advice needed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BrightRedRoses, Oct 4, 2015.

1. BrightRedRoses

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys, I really need some advice.

So last year I met a girl (I'll just call her "Z") at school during a free period when one of my friends introduced me. We talked the whole period, introduced ourselves and everything, and I found out she was into girls so we talked for a while about the straight girl crushes we had at the time. When we left, she asked for my number so I gave it to her. We texted a couple of times, but since we didn't have any classes together, we didn't text or talk at all after a couple days. I was pretty sure I wouldn't ever see her again haha but only because we didn't have any of the same classes.

During the summer one of my other friends had a get together for her birthday where we went to a movie. Z was there, and we talked for a while before the movie and after. I wanted to get to know her more, but I still figured I wouldn't ever really get to talk to her again.

When this school year started, she ended up being in one of my classes and also at my lunch. We started talking again and immediately I felt like we clicked. We became friends and started texting again and talking briefly after school on some days. Of course, I started to like her and pretty much all of my friends caught on to it. And then... something happened. One of my friends decided to text her saying that he knew someone who was interested in her (me) which I definitely did not tell him to do. I got really panicked since it was probably the most immature thing ever, and I decided to try to play it off like it didn't happen. But, the next class, I got a text from one of my friends saying that Z basically knew it must have been me that my guy friend was talking about. So it was all a big mess, and I felt like my only option was to be straight up with her. The next morning I told her to meet me before school to talk about something (I knew she knew what I was going to talk about) and I told her straight up that I liked her (it was probably too early, but what's done is done :icon_redf) and that I didn't ask my friend to send that text to her. She said she wanted to get to know me better and that we should hang out. I wasn't real sure if I got rejected or what happened xD. After that when I saw her in class and at lunch, things were totally 100% normal. We talked the whole time just like we always did and there was no awkwardness whatsoever.

It's been a little less than a month since then and we're definitely closer now, but I'm confused on what I should do and if we'll ever be more than just friends. I have no clue how she sees me, and if I should just wait until she says something next, or if I should move on. I feel like if I didn't have a chance, she would have said so, but I have no idea maybe I'm way off. We text every day and she's often the one who texts first. She comes by my desk during class all the time and talks to me a lot. A couple of weeks ago she came over to my house and we hung out. She hasn't mentioned liking anyone, so I'm not sure on that one.

What should I do? Should I move on, wait for her to make the next move, or something else? Either way, I do want to be good friends with her because I definitely value her friendship and I wouldn't want to ruin it.

Thanks

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I think since she knows you like her, the ball's in her court now. If she wants to pursue something with you, then she will probably say something (or should anyway). I wouldn't take it personally though if she doesn't. Because she obviously still likes being good friends with you and doesn't want that to change. Who knows? Maybe she's not ready for a relationship or something like that. But either way, you guys are friends which is great.

I would say don't try to do anything else, unless she starts blatantly flirting with you a lot for a while.