1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im never going to have a sleep over probubly ever

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bassboss, Oct 5, 2015.

1. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really wanted to stay over my friend house she asked her parents and they said no boys even tho I'm gay my parents have a rule we're I can't stay over any boys house I know this sounds weird but I'm pissed

2. Distant Echo

They are just being parents. Would I allow a girl to have a sleepover with my boys? A straight girl? No. A gay girl? I would hesitate, a lot, and I would have to know her, and have her parents permission, and they wouldn't be sleeping in the same room.
    Why? Because I would be responsible for that child. I won't babysit a friends daughter overnight because I don't have a room where she wouldn't be sharing with boys. When we let our kids have a sleepover, we are saying yes, I take responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of your child.
    And, as I assume you are a teenager, as you are old enough to be a member of this site, that makes it even more worrisome. Teenagers experiment, whether parents like to admit it or not. If my mother had known half of what I got up to....
    Maybe you might be able to work out a sleepover where you are not in the same room. Worth asking maybe?

3. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone