1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No family left

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by crazydiamond, Oct 6, 2015.

1. crazydiamond

I feel so lonely right now. My sister and I were getting along until I started dating my current girlfriend and I wanted to see her instead of staying at home 24/7 to babysit her child for her (mind you this was unpaid and she would just drop him on me with no notice every time). She was happy for me when I first came out but when it inconvenienced her, she wasn't anymore. And just like that she stopped talking to me. When I finally came out to my mom (in a text which she never responded to) she also stopped talking to me. Soon after that they informed me that the lease was ending and I should find somewhere to go. So I moved in with my girlfriend.

I had a short email correspondence with my mom following my move where she said she wasn't homophobic but she thought I should have told her in person about my relationship and that I also should have opened a dialogue with her about it. I came out to her and she expected me to open up to her a second time when she ignored me the first time? Couldn't even bother to let me know it was okay and that she still loves me? So then she proceeded to dance around actually asking me anything. I told her to ask if she wants to know, but I honestly feel like she doesn't care.

It's my birthday today, and I'm sure she won't even call me. I feel like I have no family.

#1 crazydiamond, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  2. Distant Echo

Happy birthday from your EC family.(&&&)

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, Happy Birthday!

I'm really sorry to hear about the difficult time you are having with your mother and sister. It sounds like your sister was using you for her own convenience and is more frustrated by your refusal to do her babysitting than anything else.

Even if your mom isn't homophobic she may need some time to come to terms with the idea that you are a lesbian and may be using the method of communication (texting) as an excuse. It's hard to take, but we need to try to understand how much of a shock it can be for parents to discover that we are gay. They bring us up, expecting to one day see us married with kids and even though it is possible in a same sex relationship, it's not how they imagined it. They struggle to come to terms with it and will grasp at reasons and excuses to hide how they are really feeling. Give her time.

Does it help to live with your girlfriend? Is she really loving and supportive?

Remember we are all here for you. (&&&)

4. crazydiamond

Yeah. I understand it, It's just very hard for me. While I know she needs time, it feels more like abandonment. But my girlfriend is wonderful and she is very supportive of me so it does help. She's showering me with attention today so I don't feel so bad.

5. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy birthday! (&&&)

My family still has a hard time accepting that I like guys, but they're trying to understand. It's something brought up for discussion, but with time I'm sure they will be okay.