1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love my Boyfriend, but my crush is still crushing me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Incredibull, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Incredibull

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello EC, I had a crush on a guy fo a while, six months ago. I came out to him and we almost had sex. He was the first guy I experimented with. Anyway, he left and now I have a boyfriend. I see my crush constantly at school and it is frighteningly awkward and I get butter flies when i see him. What do I do. I am lusting after him hard but I know we can never be anything just a one time hit and quit it deal. I also love my boyfriend as the person he is, but physically losing my attraction to him. What do I do? How do I resolve these feeling? Every time I see my crush i loose focus for hours and it negatively impacting a lot in my life. Any advice appreciated or similar experiences.

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a very similar experience. The first guy that I experimented with also brought back these feelings, and stressed me out a lot. He drove a Kia Soul and the sight of a random one could bring back the feelings.

I cut of communication with him which has allowed me to move on. Telling myself that it would not work with him (and with time), allowed me to finally accept it.

#2 Jax12, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why did he leave? Why does your boyfriend stay? It could be you're going through a mentally stressful time, and hooking up is a way of [temporarily] escaping from those worries. Stopping communication is a good step, and you should follow that with working on improving yourself and finding ways of making happiness within than chasing it from external factors.

4. Incredibull

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He left for the summer back home, while I stayed here and found my boyfriend. But, this is good advice, I need to focus on growth. It's just so hard seeing his perfect skin all over the place and that smile! Jeez, I know we are not the slight bit compatible but the lust is strong. Okay, phew, I'll focus on academics and see where it leads me.

5. Incredibull

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Should I tell my Boyfriend about this? Or keep it quiet so I don't hurt him?