1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking an International relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by theinsidellama, Oct 6, 2015.

1. theinsidellama

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm currently dating, long distance, although we've met in person a few times a British Guy, while I'm in the US. I've recently realized to myself, that it appears that he wants me there, but doesn't want the responsibilities of being responsible for someone to the British Home Office, for visa purposes.

Not to trash him, as I do love him, but living with someone who always has their home in Model home state(His unit is used as a demo often :/) Our relationship revolves around travel, and with him due to come visit for Christmas, and I fly to London the end of April. I need to figure out my escape strategy, I just don't want to keep throwing money at a relationship that isn't working.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How long have you been together? Why do you think he wants you there? Have you directly asked him what he wants? Long-distance relationships usually aren't meant to be open-ended, so eventually one person would have to give in.

That said, it seems like there are multiple issues at play if you want to leave. Maybe you could phrase it as taking a break, and it's best to do things earlier than later so he doesn't waste money on an awkward Christmas trip.