1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend's Parents are Irresponsible (not about sexuality)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by meg189, Oct 7, 2015.

1. meg189

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a really close friend who I'm worried about because her parents seem very irresponsible. She is 16 and homeschooled so she doesn't get to go away to school during the day. Since she's at home so much it seems like they constantly use her for babysitting while they go out with friends what seems like almost every day or once leaving her alone for hours very late at night (or early morning) babysitting while they went out to a bar. I rarely get to talk to her then the times that I do the conversation always gets interrupted by them asking her to help with the baby. Then they say she doesn't do enough to help out with the baby. They also borrow money from her even though she has no job and instead of saving money to pay her back they will still go out to eat lots and spend money that way. These are only the things I'm aware of and I want to help somehow but am unsure what to do/ if there is anything I can do.
    Any advice?
    Thanks

2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh that's hard as well as concerning. Is there anyway you could hang out with her while she's babysitting? Also, is there any possibility they're abusing her? Is there a couselor at your school you could tell this too? I think that would be a really good idea ... let me know how it all goes :/

3. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds like your friend's parents are using her. They are basically just getting what they can out of her, it sounds like.