1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Sick of Having to Choose

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by galaxygia, Oct 7, 2015.

1. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wrote a similar thread about this but I got no replies (which is okay, so I'm going to pose a different question with the same situation)

So my friends. Oh, my friends. They're great friends. Until you're at recess and realize that you have to choose which group you want to spend time with the most.

Before this year, my friends have been sort of separated into two groups. We never really socialized with each other, just were separated. But still "allied". All my closest friends (and me) are in the girly group, whereas the other group has more nerds and gamers.

This year, for some reason we're all hanging out in the same spot. It's awful because I've changed and this has made me realize that I'm not exactly that girl anymore that hung out with only other girls and talked about clothes and makeup and crap like that. We're still in different groups, it's just now it's more evident because we stand away from each other and talk about different things.

I belong in neither group. It's very distressing to me. I'm wanting more and more to join the other group. (It has more queer people in it whereas all my closer friends are straight, plus there's no hair, makeup, clothes etc. and there are actually interesting conversations going on with them) But I feel like I'm still too girly and not nerdy enough to even stand near them.

But with my old group I feel too androgynous and... well... gay.

I feel like I'm just hovering in between groups and I don't belong anywhere. Does anyone have any advice at all? I'm willing to answer any questions if I didn't make something clear enough.

2. Distant Echo

Walk over to the other group.