1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too ugly

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by llamahoox, Oct 9, 2015.

1. llamahoox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe this is just me being silly because of the way i have been feeling lately but sometimes I get scared that I am too ugly for any guy to be attracted to as anything more than just a friend or a passing acquaintance. The concept of a guy choosing me above anyone else is so totally unbelievable that it hurts and gives me that empty feeling in the pit of my stomach, knowing that a life of loneliness is all i have to hope for. Even the idea of a guy liking me seems ridiculous and that I am kidding myself. if any guy ever did say it to me, I would be waiting for the punchline. For the camera man to jump out and say "Candid Camera" or for all his friends and him to have a good laugh at me because it clearly was nothing more than just a joke at my expense.

Just my whinge for the night. Sorry everyone.

2. Fentrion

Hello. For what it's worth, I am sorry that you feel lonely.

I will not lie. I think it is very much possible to love and befriend anyone for nonsexual relationships. But physical attraction is related to physical assets, so to speak. If potential partners find you lacking in that area, it may be a good idea to admit this without any value judgement about your self.

You are not your body. It is just a chemical vehicle that grows, withers and dies. Your value as a person is not determined by your sexual attractiveness to other people.

If it is love you seek, it may be helpful to not get too fixated on a very specific form like romance. A true seeker of love needs only an open heart to find it.

You can either appreciate and love your body, in addition to your self. Or you can indulge in envy, anger, loneliness and frustation. Both are valid paths. What you choose is up to you.

3. Grounded Eagle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The guys I crush on aren't the physically gorgeous ones. They're the ones who are kind, intelligent, compassionate, and sincere. A good heart is everything to me.

outndown likes this.
  4. Shadowsylke

I think you might be a little too hard on yourself, honey. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it is true. You have this idea that you are ugly, but that does NOT mean that every other person in the world will agree with you. I am no model by any stretch of the imagination, but my wife thinks I am the most beautiful woman in the world. Do I agree with that assessment? No way! But it doesn't matter. She sees me how she sees me.

I understand the fear and loathing, but you need to try to realize that your perception of yourself is not necessarily what others will see. You may think that no one will ever find you attractive, but I think you'll be surprised. The world is a big place, and as Grounded Eagle says, many people are looking for things that go way beyond surface and traditional "looks".

5. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This. Couldn't have said this any better.

I'm sorry you are feeling that way. Sometimes are thoughts can really get in our way. There is so much more to a person than their looks. Personality is everything. Don't belittle yourself or think someone is better or more worthy than you, simply because you don't think your the best looking person out there. We are all just humans anyway.

Cheer up okay.