1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excited but terrified

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by cloudberry, Oct 9, 2015.

1. cloudberry

Hello, it's been a while since I was here!

Here's what's happened: A couple of weeks ago I finally decided to create a profile on a dating site, just to kind of see what would come out of it. The same night I got a message from this girl who lives in a town not too far away, and since then we've been writing long messages and later e-mails basically every day, and she seems really amazing. Now she's coming to the city where I live next week (she's got family here), and we've decided to meet! This makes me excited, BUT also truly terrified.

I feel so insecure about this whole thing... She just seems intimidatingly smart and awesome. And I've never dated girls ( ! ) and have only ever been with one guy, so I don't really have much dating experience. I know this doesn't necessarily have to lead to anything, and I'd be quite happy just to make a new friend. But that doesn't make me less nervous!

There's a real possibility that I won't be able to get a word out of my mouth when I meet her. Honestly I don't know how I'll be able to go through with it, but I've already said yes, and I do really want to meet her, so I feel like I've got to go.

The last couple of e-mails she's sent have also been very brief, which immediately made me worry that maybe she's getting bored or that I said something stupid in my last e-mail, although I know she's pretty busy with work etc so I'm probably overthinking things...

:help:

2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay for you! Honestly, you're going to be fine. Girls have a natural feel for conversation, and I'm sure if you are getting along over email you will be good in real life. If you don't know what to say, say what you just said. It's sweet, cute, flattering ... there's just no bad way of taking it. Good luck and have fun!

Hope this helped...