1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do when getting REALLY lonely?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lucky28, Oct 11, 2015.

1. lucky28

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there!!

So I am one of the few gay kids in my school, and one of two gay kids in my grade (who I actually dated and ended.) But recently I've been getting really lonely, like extremely desperate. For example, a person in Rocket League said "Hii" and I like got instantly attached. I'm not really a clingy person, so I was really worried. I don't know how to deal with his, has anyone felt this way? Thanks for reading :thumbsup:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's okay to feel like this. It's likely there are more LGBT kids, but they may not be out at your age. Maybe you could help start a gay-straight alliance group at your school. There may even be groups outside of your school. Also, try to maintain your friendships with straight friends; they can be great allies.

3. secretagent

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel that way to actually. Sometimes someone will smile and i'll get attached. It's the same for me too actually my friends have told me that they like me better than our other friends because i'm not clingy (such as I am not afraid to do stuff by myself and i don't need someone to do things or be places with). I kind of just leave it alone and sometimes it doesn't bother me so much. I don't know if my answer helped (probably not) so sorry a head of time.

4. lucky28

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Don't worry; any response is greatly appreciated and helps in some way, especially knowing I'm not the only one who feels like this! :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2015 at 09:43 PM ----------

Both of those sentences are very true, thank you!