1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date with a straight girl?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheRealTheaJane, Oct 14, 2015.

1. TheRealTheaJane

So I asked out a girl I see regularly at work, and she said yes!
    We've arranged a nice date together, but here's the issue- I'm pretty much certain she's straight.

This is okay, because she's only ever seen me at work, and although she compliments that I look "pretty" (I wear makeup and a padded bra) I'm not sure she's aware that I'm really a pre-passing girl.

Should I tell her immediately? Or just let her address me as male for the first few moments. I'm not particularly shy about being open, and would prefer to be referred to as female, but would it be too soon for her?

Peoples' thoughts? =^.^= x

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I guess I would like to know as soon as possible. Unfortunately not everyone is open to the idea of dating a transexual so the quicker you 'get it out of the way' the stronger your relationship with the person that will remain will be, plus it would allow her to ask questions and give her time to think whether or not that something she would be comfortable with. :slight_smile:

Good luck anyway, I hope your date goes well !

3. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Seems like something to come out with in the beginning, without going into details though. You want to be up front but not lay out your whole life in case they react negatively. Good luck.

4. TheRealTheaJane

Thank you! I'll make sure to dress fairly androgynous then, and slip it in there somewhere. I definitely think you're right, it's best for everyone to make it clear early on, just in case.

Thanks again!