1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We were getting along, now she suddenly ignores me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Anthophyta, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Anthophyta

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I have a pretty big crush on this girl. I'm like 90% sure she's not straight, not only because she...well, acts pretty gay, and likes cosplaying (dressing up for photoshoots) as gay boys--but because on her ask.fm she answered a question "What do you find attractive about guys?" and said she'd "never been in that situation before, I guess".

I like her so much not just cos she's cute, but we have heaps in common, at least it seems like that! We both like sports and anime and cosplay, and martial arts, and are both the eldest of our siblings. I also am in the same martial arts club as the rest of her family (she quit for a year because university got busy), and I really like them, they are such nice and good-humoured people. We also originate from the same rural region of our country although we live in (the same) city now. (I met her in the city, didn't know her before I moved)

We really seemed to click when we started talking, and she hugged me after the third time we hung out (at an anime club). I mean she hugs her friends a lot but I just felt a bit special since we'd only hung out 3 times amongst different people.
    I hinted I wanted to hang out outside of club, and she seemed really enthusiastic and suggested I come over to her flat and she and her flatmates would show me how to sew.

Since she wasn't out or anything and I wasn't 100% sure she was lesbian, I knew I had to take things slow and just aim for friendship right now. But I may have accidentally flirted, not majorly but just complimenting her like "not everyone's as smart as you". I didn't really hint that I was gay or anything.

I commented on a facebook post she shared about needing attention while dating, just saying "That would probably be me lol". She ignored the comment. She does ignore some comments on her posts, and the next club meeting she didn't seem too different--maybe only a tiny bit less enthusiastic. She still hugged me and said we should hang out though.

But then I made another comment, nothing to do with dating, just cosplay, and she ignored that too. A few days later I tagged her in a cosplay picture saying "Omg appreciate this cosplay with me!". Also ignored.

By this stage I probably should've just stopped, and I mean it's not like I was liking and commenting on all of her stuff, I deliberately didn't so I was giving her space. But I couldn't resist when she made a fitness post, because I've been wanting a fitness buddy, so I told her I was always looking for one if she wanted motivation. She at least liked that comment. But the next day she didn't turn up to club.

I didn't text her then, I waited till the following night, the Friday before she had said we would probably do the sewing hangout thing at her place with her flatmates. I made it reasonably short and sweet,
    "Hey, hope your last week of university wasn't too stressful! Am I still coming to watch you guys do crazy cosplay sewing stuff this weekend? Or will I be getting in the way? :slight_smile: "

Now she still hasn't replied, it's the next day and she usually replies reasonably within time. I guess I came across as too enthusiastic as I only knew her for a month; but then again, I do come across as "clingy" to a lot of people, it's just my personality.
    Sorry for the long post--WHAT SHOULD I DO??? :confused:

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's best to give her a little time. She could be dealing with something in her life right now that's taking up a lot of her energy. Back off for a little bit, give her some space, and if she hasn't reached out to you, then consider asking if there's anything wrong.

3. Anthophyta

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you! That sounds good :slight_smile: