1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a bromance

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Christophe, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Christophe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I must confess i'm totally in love with this guy I met ten months ago, I met him in college. We often have lunch together and hang out. He always calls me, that has led me to think he likes me and enjoys being around. We act as we're a couple, when we hang out it seems like if we were dating. Sometimes I make fun of that fact in a joking way, but, he says nothing about it

I'm a closet guy so, nobody knows about my sexual orientation. I really really like him I'm thinking about coming out to him but i'm not sure. I don't know if he's straight, bisexual or gay. I've never seen him with a girl though.

2. johndrez09

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think there's a chance that he might be a closet guy like you. I guess you should try asking him about girls and see what his response would be. Ask him if he had a girlfriend before, what he likes about girls, etc. You would know if he's just making story.

:slight_smile:

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever asked him how he feels about dating and what his ideal girlfriend/boyfriend or partner would be like? It might be an idea to have a conversation like this with him to gauge how he feels. His reaction to the question may offer some indication of his feelings.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Besides the two suggestions above, it would be a great idea to come out to him. Even if you just wanted to be friends, it would be hard to maintain a friendship with someone who is intolerant.

5. JohnB

I'd just tell him straight out. I've had a friend since early this year and we hit it off great at work and we always talked to eachother all the time and very open. I am open minded about life and what not and he is the same way. He wanted to go out and party a lot and wanted me along to meet women and such because he thought I was a cool person and wanted to see me party.

One night whilst waiting for a bus to go to a bar, we were tipsy and I straight out told him,

Me: "So, I like dudes."

Him: "I know."

Me: "Wait.....wtf? You knew?"

Him: "Yeah."

Me: "But...when did we have this conversation?"

Him: "The other night when we were leaving the bar you worked at. You mentioned it."

Me: *INTERNAL SCREAMING* (Because I do not remember such a convo, had a few drinks that night and I always thought I monitored shit I said while drinking. That is why I was freaking out a bit, who else might've known about it? Oh well, if anyone else finds out, they find out. Not my business). Lol

I felt good that he didn't give a shit despite using the "F" word to describe people he'd call out to. He's a ladies man whose always had chicks hit on him for his youthful looks all his life and has a daughter he loves. I just brought it out because I learned how open minded people are when I talk to them, to see what kind of energy they bring into their lives. Sometimes you never know what they might be thinking, and if they turn you away, atleast you know the kind of person they are, because you owe nobody anything when it comes to you and your mental, physical, and spiritual health.

#5 JohnB, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015