1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was rejected.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Foxfeather, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I told the woman that I love how I felt about her and I was essentially rejected. She does not see me the same way as I see her.

I really would just like to hear some words of encouragement, to know your stories of how you had to also struggle (and hopefully have now found the man/woman of your dreams or are hopeful of doing so someday).

I want you to tell me to improve, no longer for her, but for myself. So I can become that amazing person who nobody can say no to. So I can love myself more than I loved her.

I fell in way too deep over her. I loved her so much. But now that this is gone, I'd like for you to tell me that it will be all right and that I can do better, and find someone who will love me for me.

2. Acuba403

Hey, sorry to hear about that. It's always a bummer.

BUT DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!

Me and my current girlfriend have been together for a year almost but we've known each other for almost 11 now and shes know about my feelings for her for 5(I think) of those. So just because she said no once doesn't mean she'll say no in a few months or years if you're willing to wait and if you still feel that way about her.

Hope this helped (*hug*)

3. CapColors

I'm so sorry. That must really hurt. I say treat yourself gently for a while.

4. JohnB

Wish I had some good advice to give, but the truth is it hurts to love someone who unfortunately doesn;t feel the same way.

This is what I understand about the way things work with people. I had/still have a crush on my best friend, but I knew we were not compatible because she likes chicks a lot and I am a dude, but most what I like about her is she can take care of herself. Emotionally and physically, very intelligent and talks to everyone equally. I do not possess the mature mind to do the same yet because I am dealing with things along the way to better myself for me.

Anyway, I knew we wouldn't work out and it was hard to accept, but I realized that the main reason I fell for her was because she was always there to invite me to things and treat me like a friend, in a city where I didn't feel like much, she was there and taught me a few things on how to get dates and be more open. I feel for someone that cared for someone else's well-being, especially where most people are insecure and don't wanna reach out as some people who are so comfortable and love themselves.

She had relationships with girls who made her feel the way i did about her, but that's the thing, she went out and asked people she liked out, took the chance to be different and be out going. Soemone whose been through a lot in her their lives, coming out in highschool and dealing with feelings of doing so, through that she became an emotionally mature person at a young age. I never told her my feelings but I have been open with her about my life to the point she knows I have feels for her, but keeps me as a friend because we will always develop feelings for people who care for us, we just gotta go out and get that connection with other people. There are over 7 Billion people on this planet, to be hung up on one person is not the way to go. Go out and find someone, do what you feel, and keep your best friend because they are very beneficial, almost essential in life.

If you're hurting, cry and let it out. Not only will you feel better, but you can deal with rejection better in the future and it was with your best friend, so you will grow more confessing to someone so close, because you will find someone else who will make you feel things like never before, "You never know what effect someone else's lifestyle will have on your's". My friend's words.

You went through an unpleasant experience, have a good cry, and allow yourself to let go of it to move forward. Deal with your feels and things can only get better.

That is my piece.

#4 JohnB, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  5. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, telling someone how you feel about them is no easy task. Even if it didn't go the way you wanted, you should be proud of yourself! Really, you did everything right - the only missing step is for her to respond back and say she feels the same way. And some day, someone will - just keep doing what you're doing. :thumbsup:

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good job telling your feelings! That's not easy for anyone, but you were brave and faced your fears. Love is a tricky thing in that you only have to get it right once to be in a great relationship. Yes, you can improve yourself, but keep in mind that you are doing those improvements for your own happiness.

7. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard to tell someone how you feel and it takes some time to get over it. Allow yourself to feel bad, cry if it helps. But then get up again and look forward. One day you'll find the right person :slight_smile:

8. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Be proud of how brave you were. The rejection certainly stings but you must have a good amount of confidence to go for it in this situation. You'll heal, probably learn a thing or two and eventually find a gal who is as ready as you. Hugs and good luck.