1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is she straight????

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by alexandrite, Oct 18, 2015.

1. alexandrite

hi, I'm a 16 yr old girl and i am not sure what my orientation is but I know that I have a crush on a girl. she is beautiful and hilarious and she's one of my best friends...the problem is the usual problem: I think she's straight. I keep telling myself that there's a possibility that she could like girls but idk. also, I am a femme and so is she, which is interesting because that's usually not my type??? I just really really like her a lot.
    we have known each other since seventh grade but only became close friends two years ago. there a a few reasons I keep thinking she could like girls. for one, she is very determined to get me to join our high schools GSA (gay straight alliance) club. she has been in it since last year and she has been trying to get me to go since she started going. another time, me and her and another friend were having a sleepover at her house. we got around to talking about sexuality since a lot of people in our friend group are LGBT. the friend said she was bisexual and asked my crush what she is. she kinda hesitated for a few seconds and then looked at me and said "straight" and it wasn't very convincing how she said it. the friend asked me and I said "I don't know actually" and my crush kind of looked down and smiled. at that same sleepover, the friend fell asleep, and me and my crush stayed up for hours talking about random stuff. also, when we were at a party, while all of our friends were talking with each other, the two of us were just laying next to each other really close and talking. at homecoming, we accidentally wore the same dress lol. the whole night, we were dancing together and laughing and it was so nice. ugh sorry it's just driving me crazy wondering and I thought it would help to write it all out.

2. confusedbubble

There's the hint from her the smile when you said you didn't know and she wants you to join GSA.
    Next time she's due to go to it ask her if you could tag along with her, drop a hint and say you're unsure of your sexuality at the moment and want to go along with her. See how she reacts when you say that. It sounds like she could be giving you little hints maybe drop little hints to her that you like "someone but are unsure if they'd like you back"

Go with the flow and try arrange some time away from the group so you two could just talk and get to know each other better.
    Keep us updated on how it goes

3. Garnet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She might be into you, you should join the group even if you say you're just an ally. If you come out to her maybe she would come out as well (if she's lgbt) and it could be easier to find out if she feels the same way. :slight_smile: