1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wiires, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Wiires

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I'm in a peculiar situation. There's this guy, we've never met, but he's in my class (college freshman.) I saw his picture on the cast wall of the recent play and thought he was insanely cute. Then looked him up on facebook and saw even more about him and how cute he is. Now I've been thinking about him a lot lately. I don't even know if he's straight or anything. As I've said I've never met him. But based on his appearance and stuff he likes on facebook there's a chance he could be, but I've got no clue. I just keep thinking about him and hoping I end up in a class with him or something that lets us meet. Doesn't help I'm incredibly shy and anxious. :confused:

How does one go about this situation?

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Aww, I know how you feel. I've been in a situation similar to that before. :slight_smile:

You can do two things: either find a way to meet him, or try to get over him by not searching him on social media. This is a problematic situation because you've never met him before, so you have no idea what he's like, apart from him being physically attractive. There's a whole layer of attraction that you don't know yet, and you might end up disappointed. I've been in similar situations but after I got to know the guy, I found out he's just not what I was looking for.

I feel like the best thing to do is the latter and try to move on, unless you happen to see him and you have your chance. Otherwise, it's kind of like crushing on a celebrity, you know what I mean?

#2 Steve FS, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a freshman, now is a great time to reset your socialization and become less anxious. Trying to randomly meet may not work out for a long time (or never). You might consider messaging via FB, making things slightly less awkward by mentioning the play and asking something seemingly innocuous. Also, you could try going for future performances. What do you have to lose?

4. Wiires

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I could probably wait a bit and see if this is just temporary or not. If not, I suppose I could message him on facebook and tell him. I just feel different than usual about this crush,
    which makes me not want to have a "what if" or "if only" moment. Regrets are the worst.

Thanks for the advice! Glad to be able to comfortably talk about this kind of thing