1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I fell hard.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by daramor, Oct 22, 2015.

1. daramor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all,

I've never posted before, so am quite new to this. I guess you could say it's another falling in love with your friend story. I don't have a question but really just want to get this heaviness off of my heart.

From the first time I met her, I was drawn to her. We've been friends for a few years now. I've never felt so comfortable with anyone. Her and I often found ourselves telling each other all of our personal secrets and dreams. I recently told her how I felt because we were going to be parting ways. I told her I had loved her for a long time and wondered did she feel the same. Sadly she didn't but said she treasured our friendship and hoped we'd always be there for each other. I pretended I was fine. Why? I don't know. Maybe I was too afraid to show that I was hurt. I avoided her for about a week or either was very evasive with my responses. I wasn't intentionally being mean, I just didn't know how to pick up the pieces. I didn't know if I could or wanted to.

After that week, things slowly went back to normal. She tried and still tries to make it like before. We've never discussed it again. Truthfully most of the time it's as if I had never told her. We still text throughout the day and sometimes until the early hours. I know you can't make someone love you but simply put, it hurts being rejected. I've never really verbalized it until now but I'm still hurting.

It was never anything sexual, just some heavy flirting, eye contact and alot of soft touches. And quite a few conversations about what we were attracted too and expected out of relationships, which Ied me to believe there was something more. Well, I ended up writing more than I expected. Feels good to tell someone how I've been feeling. Thanks.

2. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sounds like genuine love.. I am sure time and distance will mend the wound and have you find the love of your life who will love you unconditionally.
    I wish your words of feelings belonged to the person I adore, maybe some day I will hear them..
    As for you, try to focus on other things and people and maybe keep your phone off most of the day.. There are interesting blogs/articles online pertaining to effects of texting and feelings/expectations that may affect relationship.. Hope this helps

3. daramor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you for your kind words and advice. I hope the person you adores comes to their senses soon. As you suggested I have been consciously spending less time on my phone and messaging her. Wow I had become so depedent on our messaging. Honestly I was a bit disgusted because I noticed how hard I had been holding on to thought of her loving me. Not good. Today was easier no contact. I don't want to lose our friendship but i really need to refocus on my worth. You helped me see that. Thanks again, you rock.