1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This has never happened before.... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO HERE

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RavenTheRat, Oct 23, 2015.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oookayy......
    There's a boy that I met in our school's TEA club, and he well.... he calls me adorable at least 4 times a day, and we sit together at lunch and he basically spends all of lunch with his arms around me, and he also keeps saying that I act like I like him and then he says "I wish". So I'm going to just assume that he has a crush on me (no evidence to support that theory of course :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

First of all, I have NO idea what I'm doing. I've never had anyone ever ask me out or even take the smallest interest in me to be honest (I'm 16).

I want to tell him that I like him, but I want to make sure of something first.

He's ace, at first he said asexual, but now he says he's demisexual. I don't know much about the ace spectrum (I'm embarrassed, but it's true)
    Are people who are demisexual and/or asexual interested in romantic relationships? Because I'm not going to say anything if they aren't, that will just get nowhere.
    I promise I'm not trying to offend anyone here, I just really don't know that much about this part of the spectrum. Any help?

Oh and uh any other general advice would be wonderful, again- never ever been in this situation. Ever. (!)

#1 RavenTheRat, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  2. GenderSciFi

Congrats, sounds lovely ;-)
    Yup, asexuality is independent from one's ability to feel romantically attracted or willingness to be in relationships. A lot of ace folks want or have romantic relationships.
    SOME asexual people are also aromantic. But, unless I'm wrong here, demisexuality implies that you don't rule out relationships, because they say that they need a deep emotional or romantic connection to eventually possibly feel sexually attracted.

I would ask him that, though, if I were you. I mean, if you already talk so openly that you know he's demi, it might not be half awkward... just ask him what kind of a relationship he wants, what kind of physical closeness he wants etc. Otherwise, you could accidentally overstep each other's boundaries.

Hope that helped :slight_smile:

3. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks so much :slight_smile: I was pretty sure that was how it worked, but I've been screwing up a lot lately and I didn't want to add another to the list xD