1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a crush on a straight guy! >.<

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Spirits, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Spirits

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So he studies at my school and he is also a senior.
    I met him 2 weeks ago while I was trying to help a friend of mine act cool in front of her crush...-how ironic <.<- whom happens to be the classmate of this guy , who I instantly got attracted to.
    So I asked some of my close friends to get as much info about him to see if he's into men or not , unfortunately he isn't , in fact he finds homosexuality "funny" , or atleast that's what I was told.
    Regardless, this didn't hold me back from getting closer to him , as I thought that If I can't be his boyfriend I could just try to become one of his best friends , cos I knew that I couldn't simply get over him and just not talk to him , it will make me feel even worse.

~~Everything about him is so perfect! >.< , My close friends think that's he's childish/immature but I really don't care , everything he does just seems perfect to me , even his awful voice while singing is like fine music in my ears.~~

Anyway, I literally set up a plan to get closer to him,
    I made friends with his BFF , which actually worked , lol he even told me that I was an angel brought to him from nowhere.
    Then I got my female friend , whom happens to be friends with my crush to arrange for us to meet more often in public, which also worked pretty well.
    But still , we didn't talk much , he mostly looked at me and smiled or winked or simply waved-He did give me his phone number w/o even asking him-.

Until yesterday , when I wore this jacket that he liked so much and asked if I could give it to him.
    I said no, but he insisted if I could at least lend it to him for a week.
    I denied, and that made him feel kinda disappointed, which made ME feel bad! Cos I can't standing seeing him sad or in trouble >.<
    so as soon as I got home I took 40Euros and bought the exact same jacket that I had (it wasn't easy...) and I gave it to him the next day (today)
    If you could just see the smile on his face when he received that gift..:icon_redf
    He was hopping like a little girl, then jumped at me and hugged me and thanked me.
    I felt so happy and loved :rolle:

However , right now I started to feel like that was a bit too much , or too obvious.
    I don't want him to think that I have a serious crush on him , yet I want him to appreciate my deed and know that I want to be his best friend.
    Also, is it normal , for guy to give an other guy a gift for no specific reason? especially that , we only met ,like, 4 times so far.

Did I do a bad thing? should I feel bad about it?
    Or is it actually a smart move and it indicates that we could be really good friends?
    I'm lost >.<

#1 Spirits, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  2. David7991

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly, coming from experience (LOTS of experience as a matter of fact...) I really don't think you should try and become friends with this guy if he's straight and you're crushing for him!! I've done that so many times and each time I've ended up heartbroken, once to the point where I felt physically sick........ It's such a waste of time and energy and the straight person usually has no idea what they're doing to you, so they keep being nice thinking nothing of it, meanwhile you're struggling thinking they're into you when really they aren't because of how they act. Avoid straight crushes when you can;

on the other hand though, if you really think that you guys can become friends and you won't have feelings for him, then be his friend. All I'm gonna say is that I was in the same situation and I thought I could be friends with the guy, but I only just became friends with him after he broke my heart like 10 times...

3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think giving gift should ever be seen as something anormal or 'gay'. I was called a 'lesbian' by the bf of my crush a couple of years ago because she LOVED the dress I was wearing so I went and bought her the same. I didn't do it because I had a crush on her, I did it because I would have done it for any of my friends (plus to be fair I was still pretty hard in denial back then so yeah lol), some people will see it as weird, other won't. Personally seeing the face of my friends lightening up is worth the couple 'raised eyebrows'. lol

I do agree with David though, becoming friend with him is definitely NOT a good idea. There is nothing more torturous than being friend with a crush of yours. I became best friend with that girl and while it was AMAZING to be 'that' close to her and her family it also was extremely painful to yet have to realize that I was yet that far from her while having to sit there listening to all her cute stories about her boyfriend or while having to give her advices to patch things up with him. It was honestly one of the most bitter-sweet time of my life and sucked quite a lot if I am being honest.

Being close to him and having him see you as someone essential to his life may seem to you as the definition of perfection, but it won't last. Soon you'll become the person he'll tell about the girls he is into and it will sting, not even mentioning that no matter how hard you'll try NOT to do it, your brain will give you the most random reasons to think he is into you and will have you completely brain-fucked for months on ends until you'll be confronted with the harsh reality and realise it was just illusion. Save yourself the troubles, plus if he finds homosexuality ''funny'' I am afraid you are settling yourself up for much more trouble and hurt than needed as you'll probably refrain yourself from being you, in case he notices and get scared.

Can't see this ending well I am being honest, but I hope I am wrong !

4. Spirits

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is why I've done it also.

Anyway, I've already been warned that Being close to him will be painful but I just can't see myself getting over him by simply ignoring him , simply cos he's everywhere , and I see him almost everyday.
    I thought that maybe if we become good friends I could get over the fact that I have a crush on him and simply focus on what's real.
    Also , I don't know if I can ignore him now ,
    Ironically , I gave him the jacket yesterday , and his birthday is in 5 days from now...and he said that it was the best gift that he could ever ask for :icon_redf
    And..he invited me to celebrate his bday with him.which is kind of a big deal cos he won't be having a party , just a small dinner party with like 10 individuals or so :tears:

5. Carryonmyfriend

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with what was said, but I also believe that if you can separate you feeling and do as you said, "focus on what's real,"then maybe it is possible to develop a friendship. Let things happen naturally though, don't force it. Best of luck! :slight_smile:

6. Lalayajen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    From my own experience it's better to not get close with staight guys you find attractive.
    It will cause pain somehow....