1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might just be terrible at relationships.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ResidentTheatreKid, Oct 27, 2015.

1. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So currently I am in my first 'serious' relationship with my girlfriend.

Our actual establishment of our relationship was really awkward, but in a sort of... I guess a cute way. I'd had a crush on her for just under a year by this point, and we were changing from PE and we were talking about going and getting our hair cut off together. And I said 'we should go out-' and she interrupted by saying 'I agree.'. We then had a whole lunchtime of 'flanter' as people seem to call it, and that was about 4 months ago.

At first we were very close, holding hands and stuff, and over time we've just... drifted apart. I don't know if she has any interest in me any more, and well... as a result, I'm not sure how I feel about her. And I'm feeling less and less as if I'm actually in a relationship and more... trapped. And then I just feel terrible for finding people attractive and I've even started to develop a crush on one of my straight best friends, which I think makes me a terrible person :/

I can't help but think that she's suspicious of me and my other friend, because she's recently come out as bi-curious and lots of rumours circulated that we were dating when I first came out over a year ago. And my other friend constantly jokes that we flirt, which isn't true.

She just doesn't seem to have much interest in developing our relationship past the platonic stage that we're at now, and I have no clue what to do. I don't know if I want to break up with her in fear of ruining our friendship but... I don't know if there's much alternative.

#1 ResidentTheatreKid, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  2. Kaboom

You're not sure how you feel about her and she doesn't seem to have much interest in things going any further. Have you guys talked about this at all?

It sounds to me like you have pretty much moved on from the relationship if you're crushing on other people. Don't stay in the relationship for the sake of the friendship.

---------- Post added 27th Oct 2015 at 01:26 PM ----------

Oh and you're not terrible at relationships. You're learning. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. Enjoy it. Crush away.