1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to date?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Asuzu, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Asuzu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sorry about any typos, I am doing this from my phone.

Ok so I am 25 and have not dated anyone in 8 years which was back in high school. I have mostly focused on my career and avoided relationships. Well now I am tired of being single, it's depressing. However in the past year I have been rejected when I have asked women at work to go out to lunch with me... I have not asked any guys out because there are no cute ones at my job and the few cute guys I have seen outside of work I did not approach out of fear of them being straight and getting offended. When I was younger I saw a guy get beaten up for that exact reason...

So yeah, the rejections have crushed what little bit of confidence I had. Another issue is that I am not a people person, I'm kind of a hermit.... Seriously I live out in a rural area away from the city. Due to avoiding people for so long I am not very good at small talk or anything like that. I do not know how to flirt or tell if someone likes me and I suffer from anxiety/agoraphobia which does not help my situation.

My friends say I should go to a club or a bar but people there usually just want hook ups but that's not something I want. Random sex does not sound appealing but if that's the only way to meet people and fall in love then I guess I can abandon my virginity for that... Help? :icon_sad:

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try to keep in mind that being turned down may not have anything to do with you at all. Among other things, many people don't want to date people they work with.

Is there anywhere you're interested in where you can meet other people, perhaps an organization that you could volunteer with? This way you can still have a good time even if you don't meet someone and you'll be around people who are already interested in at least one thing you are.

3. Asuzu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not really. I'm gone 12 or so hours a day 5 days a week because I live so far from work currently so I have no time to do anything after work and usually do not feel like doing much on the weekends. I usually just chill alone playing video games or tinkering with computers... Yeah I know, I live kind of a sad existence xD