1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get over him

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So last week I asked this guy if he was interested in me and he said no. I asked him on a date and we never got to it and that's why I asked him. It's a miracle I asked him, but now I'm sad and angry at him for not telling me sooner. I try and rationalize and not make it seem like it his fault. But I still want to be with him and ask him questions like "why didn't you tell me sooner", "how come your not interested", "why did you act the way you did", etc. My imaginary friend said that telling those things to him doesn't matter as much and that if there were things that are personal flaws it would be brought by someone if I were in a relationship (so I shouldn't worry about it).

The problem is that I see him everyday and keep seeing the things I like about him. So the question is how the hell am I supposed to get over him w/o making him feel like it's all his fault.

Also is it weird that I want to date other guys or is too soon?

2. Hopeful

So... I had a similar situation. This winter I found out that a woman at the ambulance department I volunteer for is bisexual. With a friend's interference, she found out I was also. We ended up texting a lot and learning that we liked each other.

I found out that she was single and liked "having fun" and staying single.

Shortly afterwards, we hooked up. It was fun, it was my first time with a woman. Going into it I understood she wasn't looking for a relationship, but I still kind of hoped, you know? I ended up having one more experience with she and a guy we both knew - first and only time I've had any sort of threesome, and that's been it. She kept claiming she was single and then I found out about an ex boyfriend she had... who wasn't really an ex and it was "complicated". That lasted until he got into a severe motorcycle accident and all of the sudden she was his girlfriend.

That kind of broke my heart and I wanted her and I wanted more. I don't know what made me eventually lose interest... we're friends now, but nothing more. I'm currently in the potential first stages of a relationship with a guy I really like, but that's whole other story and I can't tell if he wants a relationship or a friend with benefits.

I'd say keep busy. Keep really busy. And no, it's not weird you want to date other guys - you never really dated! If you date someone new, I'm sure your feelings for this other guy will subside a little and hopefully eventually go away. That's kind of what's happened with me. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good job for asking! It's not easy. Time and distance can help a lot. Try to keep your distance so you aren't reminded of him. As for time, well, you can't speed it up or slow it down. Looking for other guys can also help a lot.