1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a crush on a maybe straight boy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by aaronhelms6, Oct 28, 2015.

1. aaronhelms6

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So there is this guy that I like really like. I usually don't get along with guys that well, but for some reason we just really click. I also have started to kind of like him. Like a lot. SO basically I subtly asked him if he was gay. He said that he wasn't gay but her might try kissing a guy. He also said that gay sex was never going to happen for him, so that's why I am a little confused. He's only 15 and god only knows that so many people at that age aren't fully aware of their sexuality, so I keep telling myself maybe there's a chance. On the other hand it's like I've been flirting with him hardcore and he just thinks we are great friends, and maybe that's all he wants. Well probably that's all he wants. I just feel so stupid for liking him because he's probably straight and I have absolutely no hope. I don't know if I just need to give up and move on or something else, because it's the first person I've really actually liked this way and had a good friendship with. I just don't know what to do because I would rather be good friends than nothing you know?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you like him as a friend, then there is no reason to stop being friends, and he at least seems to not be homophobic. Does he know you're questioning? That might help clarify the situation and get him to understand you are interested in guys (and maybe realize you actually were flirting...). You could also directly say you like him or wait until after discussing your sexuality. Whatever happens, you at least want to be comfortable with him because it's not going to help in the long run if you stay friends with someone who's actually homophobic.