1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight friend got confusing

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tacos, Nov 1, 2015.

1. tacos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, well i have known him since 3rd grade and he has always like girls and has lots of girl friends but never does more than hugging. Me and him have always been joking around about being in a relation ship and i make jokes to his gilfriend about how i am going to steal him from her and he goes along with it and says he loves me so latley we have been alot closer like hugging holding hands puting are arm around each other even when it is just me and him. ok now to what happened yesterday me and him were riding rides with anther friend and we were making relationship jokes about making out and kissing we got on the ferris wheel and made a deal that if it stopped on the top we would kiss but it didnt so we get off we are having fun until we see his girl friend and he tells here that he kissed me and that he loves me more than her and she calls him a fag than leaves (their realation ship is going really bad right know and he wants to break up with her) about 5 min after she leaves he asks me "i i were to dump her would you go out with me and i said yes" we never ran into her for the rest of the night we get back on the ferris wheel and we end up stoping at the top and he asked if the deal was still on and said how he has never had a first kiss and so we agreed to kiss but nether of us made the move but before i went home he said i love you and kissed my hand.

So yeah i and confused and dont know if he likes me that way or not any help pls.

2. Superconffused

He wants you bro. Simple. But the bigger problem is he agreed to kiss you and you didn't. You can't let fear run your life man. I am a victim of that one too many times. I'm telling bro just go for it next time. You will learn not to take life as serious as you are. This is the time of your life, I assume your in middle school, where expirenenting is totally common with dudes. So don't be scared and go for it

Lol he really left his girl for you in front of you like damn! You a man stealer hahah!

3. tacos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Should i say anything to him and if so what? (i am in highschool by the way)

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's pretty clear that he has feelings for you.

It's very, very possible for someone at his age to go out with girls and to not even really connect with the fact that he's attracted to guys, so I wouldn't make any judgments based on his previous history... it's very possible he's just coming to terms with being gay, and the joking comments are most likely his way of "testing the waters."

So yes... I'd say go for it.

You need to be prepared that he may not be ready to accept that he's gay, so he could, for example, get frightened after 2 weeks and decide he's straight again... unfortunately, this happens, as many people your age are susceptible to peer influence and particularly fear o parental judgment. But as long as you go in eyes-open, it could be a wonderful thing.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as what to say... I'd just find a time to talk to him, maybe go for a walk or something, and say that if he's serious, and wants to give it a try, you are down for it.

I would talk to him about how he feels about others knowing, how comfortable he is with the idea, and that way you both have a clear understanding of where each other is. And perhaps it isn't even on the radar at all but I'd also go fairly slowly with any sort of sexual activity as that could also be new and sort of scary to him.

In any case, good luck and please keep us in the loop!

6. Superconffused

While I do agree with what chip said, I think you should just keep doing the same thing you have been doing. Set time to hang out with him. I think things will play themselves out. But if that goes no where then you can have a talk and tell him how his actions give off a certain vine to you. But best of luck to you man! I'm rooting for you.

7. tacos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    UPDATE
    Ok, alot has happened. He got dumped by his girlfriend because she said that she didnt want to be with because she think he likes me and is cheating on her with me and she is spreading rumors about us dateing and that we made out and he is still saying we are dating which is kindof confusing because when he was dating her he asked me if i would date him if he was single and i said yes so i am confused and feel like tomarrow i am going to ask him if he likes me and say its ok if he does (he also doest know i am gay but i am sure he probly knows now) but shold i ask him if he likes me? or just act how we usally are because i had about 70 some people ask if we were dating and if we actually kissed so i could use some help please and thank you