1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with JW Parents & Friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by femininemale, Nov 1, 2015.

1. femininemale

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello,
    I am having trouble with my parents about me being bisexual genderfluid (namely my mother cause i am NOT telling my dad yet). They have a whole different view on it than me and my partner do cause they are Jehovah's Witnesses. I was raised as a Witness, never baptized, and dont want to be. My mother is forcing me to go to church to "save" me or else i get my phone and internet shut off. Im gonna try to pay for them on my own but they will find something to make me go or else i lose something i need. Or simply just cause im in their house and cant move out yet. My dad will not be happy when he finds out cause of the fact that he has threatened me with some pretty grusome things if i ever went into the lgbt community. My mother blames my partner. And my dad almost kicked me out for going to a party on halloween so yeah. I also have a friend that wont understand cause he is a die hard witness but he was the first guy i ever dated, thus either he is hiding or was just going through a "phase". He is always yelling at me to be more spiritual, get rid of my music (i love rap), and stop playing violent video games. How do i deal with being me when im around so many people that will never support me?

(I have 8 months til im 18 and can leave)

#1 femininemale, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  2. Vesley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might just have to wait it out until you're 18. Or you can see if you can stay with some friends or other family members. Something that might help you get through those 8 months is finding support groups for LGBT+ youth. Most large cities have them and can be really helpful with support and finding resources. Hope this helped!

3. QuestioningMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, I'm so sorry all this is happening. I would agree that if there is any way for you to find an LGBTQ community without your parents knowing (maybe something right after school if you are a student? Or other more local resources online) that might help. Folks that are near to you might be able to offer you more resources as well.