1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concerns of family threats.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Frisk, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Frisk

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm going to be quick and frank because I just don't have the energy anymore, but for a long time my brother has suffered from OCD and it's very severe, although sometimes he likes to blame all his flaws in it including him being a lazy ass, and let's just say that my brother and I usually share a room but his OCD means he can't sleep in the same room as someone else. So sometimes I sleep on an air bed downstairs and sometimes he does. Today he didn't put the bed down in the morning and my dad had a guest in whilst my brother was at college and my dad didn't want the bed to be up so he put it away. My brother freaking hates it when people touch his stuff, like he gets violently angry. So my brother got in and naturally they had a big argument but this is the first time that it's gotten this bad, my brother said he'd vandalise some of my dad's things and my dad said he'd break his jaw, and my dad tried to get me to turn of his computer, which I don't think it's fair to get me involved. so yeah. good start. I can see why my dad would be pissed, like you don't want people thinking that you're forcing a child to sleep downstairs and my brother neglected his "Duty" I guess you could call it? My brother was being a big douche flat out refusing to listen to my dad, but I don't think that justifies threats on either end.

I'm interested in hearing what you think about that first, but more importantly I want to know what I should do if I feel those threats become a reality? I have really bad anxiety so nine out of ten times, when it happens I blank and don't know to do. Just before things calmed down I grabbed my jacket and was on my way to leave .

2. Yosia

Any form of abuse is illegal in Britain, including emotional abuse in the form of threats. I'm not saying that you should run to the police over one thing, but if you fear for any of your family's, or more importantly, your own safety, then you should be getting the relevant people involved.

#2 Yosia, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015