1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does my best friend have a crush on me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Unicorngal, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Unicorngal

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey all,

I've known I'm attracted to women my entire life and have experienced the odd crush on one or two of my friends. I've been out as Bisexual for over a year and my best friend came out to me as bi last night. I went to see her today and we went to the park and played truth (because we're children) I got a list of questions up on my phone for us to ask each other and one of the questions I asked was 'have you ever had a crush on anyone in the room?' She answered yes and seeing as the park was only filled with myself and a bunch of children no older than seven I'm guessing (and hoping) she meant me. Also she keeps telling me that her mum and sister say they could see us together and she says we are perfect for each other. I love her but not in a romantic or sexual way. How can I tell if she's joking like we usually do or if she genuinely does have stronger feelings for me? How can I ask her without her getting nervous or embarrassed? I don't want to ruin our friendship, especially since we've know each other since we were 9. If anyone has any experience with this or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Xanesa21

Well hello :slight_smile:

Well it sounds to me like she have some stronger feelings for you and she is trying to figure if you want to be with her too or no. Sure i can be wrong but for me it really sounds like this. Especially cause she is not official and eventually she will say that was just a joke. She don't want to lose this friendship with you.
    Well you definitly know her better. You can sit with her and talk or you can just wait and see what will happend :slight_smile:
    You can tell her what do you feel and just be honest with her (i think you can after that time what you spend together with each other).

Best of luck ^^

3. idsm

That was pretty straightforward. (respect for her courage!)

I think there is no doubt she has/had a crush on you. Since you are not romantically interested in her, you need to find a gentle way to let her know. Leaving her hanging in midair without an answer hoping for the best is plain torture. Just tell her that it doesnt need to change your relationship or make things awkward and you are still her friend and love her.

4. Kaboom

Yeah I think it's safe to say she fancies you. When she says things like ''my mom and sister think we would be perfect for each other" just respond with "I could see that. I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship though. It's perfect the way it is." Something like that. If she is into you, she will probably drop another hint. Use that as an opportunity to let her down easy. You don't have to confront her, let her bring it up again.