1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

worried about parents reaction!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LeeTheStrange95, Nov 2, 2015.

1. LeeTheStrange95

So my parents are VERY christian homophobic and I am afraid to come out to thembbecause of some of the things my dad say, but I will be 18 in less than a month and all of the stress from worrying that they will find out and from not being able to tell them is literally making me ill and I don't know what to do. I have no money and they won't take me out to get a job application so I can get some money.

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you do come out, what do you think will happen?

If you think you'll be kicked out, I would hold off because you might be putting yourself in a hard position. I'm sorry to have to say that. I know what it's like, since I'm in that situation at the moment.

For now, do what you can to move your life forward until you're able to be on your own. Are your parents forcing you to go to college? Is that why they won't allow you to go and apply for jobs?

3. LeeTheStrange95

Yeah they would force me to buy t already was anyway. They won't take me to get applications for the same reason they won't teach me how to drive, because they don't want to and they say they don't have time when all they do all day on the days they can teach me is sit on their buts and do everything for my sisters and just like always I rank last.

4. DominantLezStud

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay first off.. Breathe! !! I'm gonna tell you a story about me. All truth.
    My family Is VERY christian,my grandpa's a pastor and they are all homophobic. I suffered living a lie in a loveless straight marriage in fear of telling them. So much that I lost years of my true self I can never get back. When I turned 30 (I'm 33 now) I finally said forget it!!! And came out. I refused to live a lie to make my family happy and constantly cheat on a man with women. One woman whom I lost over this lie that I deeply loved. I say come out if you are sure because nothing hurts worse then regret. My family took a little while but told me they don't agree with my choices but they love me.Even if they weren't okay with it. .it is my life. I wish I came out years ago.