1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship advice - next step?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by augustfox, Nov 2, 2015.

1. augustfox

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey everyone :slight_smile:

So I've been dating this girl for a few weeks. She's the first person I've ever dated this seriously, and the first girl I've done anything with.

I'm nervous about us getting "stuck" where we are now. Since I've never been in a relationship, I don't know the next step to take, or even if I should be the one to take it. We've been hanging out in groups a lot lately. I don't want it to be like we're just close friends who hook up when we hang out and go on dates. I don't even know if I want to call her my girlfriend. I think I do. Is there a step in between dating and being girlfriends? We've already established that we're exclusive. Ugh I just don't know what to do because I've never had something like this and the fact that it's with a girl is just an extra layer of confusion.

Also we've only been going on dates and stuff for a little over a month so maybe I'm trying to take things too fast??

Can someone please help me with what I should do next? :icon_sad:

2. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think every relationship (no matter if hetero or not) has its own duration of stages. Also depends on what dates you are referring to. Is it a public places dates (dinners? movie theaters?or hanging out and going for daily errands together?