1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems in my straight relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by QuestioningMe, Nov 3, 2015.

1. QuestioningMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am very confused about my feelings and my sexuality lately so fair warning: a lot of this will be rambling and might not be very coherent.

I have fairly recently come out as bisexual. I have always been attracted to people of multiple genders but I recently have been more comfortable with myself and my identity. I have also been in a straight relationship for over two years. It has been a wonderful relationship, he is very good to me and he was very supportive when I came out to him. Lately our relationship is stagnant though. We don't have a lot to talk about and we fight a lot. We also live together and are constantly getting on each other's nerves (just little things). I am also feeling less and less attracted to him. I feel terrible saying that and I know that if he heard me say that it would crush him. But I also can't help it if I am being honest with myself. We haven't had sex in months and I know it starting to get to him. I also love and care about him a lot though. He has helped me through some of the hardest times in my life and I feel like I owe him a lot. Sometimes I wonder wether we are just going through a rough patch and need to work through it.

To make matters more complicated I have a huge crush on a friend of mine. She is someone I met a few weeks ago and now she is all I can think about. I think about her so much it is distracting sometimes. Not in a predatory or creepy way. I think about going on dates with her and getting to know her better and doing things I love like going to concerts with her. And yes, sometimes I think about her erotically and fantasize about her, but as I said not in a creepy way. The more I think about her and get to know her the less I feel attracted to my partner. This makes me feel even worse and I feel so much guilt. It feels like I am cheating on him while he is so devoted and loving to me.

So what do I do? I am also very dependent on him. We live together and I can't really afford to move out. He has helped me with health problems and supports me through a lot of difficult stuff. When I have tried to mention any of this he just cries and then I feel horrible and try to change things and make it up to him somehow. How do I deal with this? I don't want to hurt my partner but I also don't feel happy in this situation and I feel like it isn't fair to him either.