1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly queer lady at my work?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by justxcurious, Nov 5, 2015.

1. justxcurious

Hey guys, there's a janitor at my job who seems queer, and I've been wondering if she's hitting on me or not.

The first day she met me she smiled and we said "hi" like 5 times, and she gave me that glance. Then the other day, I walked past her and she was like: "You always smell like baby powder!" Maybe it's just me but I'm almost positive I don't lol. Or at least we're never in such a close range that she would notice? Especially since the air where we work is pretty stale...I dunno, haha. Just seemed unlikely.

Another time she stepped in to help me with stuff related to my job - it was surprising as she didn't have to... maybe she was just being nice. Anyway, she's definitely really sweet and beautiful, and I'm not one of those people that cares about what your job is. The thing is, I've been acting weird around her lately because I've been battling a skin issue on my face which seems to get worse (patches of discoloration), so I've been too embarrassed to say more than "hi" to her and each day I've become more and more brisk. I've basically lost my self-confidence and told myself she wouldn't want to even go there with me, so why bother or assume? She's kinda just says "hi" now too. My roommates were all like "Go for it, clearly she doesn't care." And it's like maybe it's harmless flirting, maybe she has a gf, maybe...(insert psych myself out x10000 excuses). I basically ignore her without giving her eye contact and focus on my work, but I don't want it to be that way.