1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you fall out of love with someone?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MatH, Nov 5, 2015.

1. MatH

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First things first: I don't doubt this question has already been thoroughly discussed and answered, but this isn't like a computer support forum where you can just google the answers, right? I mean, I guess just writing this helps me...in some way.

So anyway. I mean, I have realized after some couple of times that it's not worth it having a crush on someone for a couple of years when you have basically no chance at all. At the same time, being in love...is kind of awesome. It makes class more bearable :wink: and you know, just feels good. Some of the time, at least.

I guess I'm generally happier when i'm in love (although more unstable too). And that's why it's so difficult to not fall in love.

And I just don't know what to say, because I don't want things to be messed up, I just don't want to be in love with a good friend who (most certainly) is totally straight, because that will lead to goddamned depression.

But of course something inside of me also tells me there is a chance and anyway she's the only possible person to be my girlfriend right xD ... But that's just a lie.

I mean, she's kind of awesome, she just is, there isn't anything more to say. But she will also definitely not fall in love with me.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Have you asked her if she just wants to date you? I'm not sure how sexuality to relationships work, but if you can't force someone to change their sexuality, then you can't force someone to conform to it either ... both are making someone do what they don't want to. In other words, maybe your straight friend doesn't want to be straight and might want to date you.

It wouldn't hurt to ask, as long as you respect if it she says no.

Also, that way if you know she means no, then perhaps her rejecting you can lead to you rejecting her.

3. MatH

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, it doesn't hurt to ask... I guess xD .

Also, what does it mean if she, when sitting on a chair beside you and explaining a math problem, puts her hand on my chair and leans over? It's kind of difficult to explain the exact position, but something like that. And tells you tons of random crap and secret obsessions like not wanting to sit closest to the wall or sometimes has lunch with you and sometimes not or barely says hi or goodbye or yeah I don't even know.

4. St0rm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Find someone else to take that spot.

I had a similar experience to this. I was absolutely in love with this guy at my school (Didn't hurt the fact that I thought he was gay) and had a crush on him for 3 years. I finally asked him if he was gay and he said no. Since then he has been steadily dating this one girl and I just tore me to shreds. I had thought every little gesture he had done to me was body language that he had a crush on me, but it just wasn't true. I overthought about everything that he did and just made it even harder for me to get over him.:bang: I'm still not 100% over him and it's been two years since I last thought that he was my biggest crush.
    My advice to you is don't overthink small gestures like that. Even if you think it might be because she likes you, be certain that it is before you go making any assumptions that she does. It just saves you a lot of pain later in life. I say the best thing to do to get over someone is to find someone else to take that role because if you don't then you will still think about her even if you don't want to. Once you find someone else to crush on that you know you have a much better chance of actually dating, you will just naturally get over the other. Don't get me wrong though. You still will probably have feelings for her, but they won't be so intense as they are now and it will just over all give you a happier life. I say once you know for sure if she does or doesn't like you then it will also help out too. I hope everything turns out well! :thumbsup: