1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BlueRazzberry, Nov 5, 2015.

1. BlueRazzberry

Out Status:
    A few people
    My friend and I work at the same place and I took him home and was planning on just dropping him off. We ended up running some errands and made some money from it, so we decided to have some beer and chill. We never even got out of the car for about an hour or more and somewhere in there I nonchalantly told him I'm gay, which I awkwardly came out as bi before. He said okay like it was no big deal and even told me that after i told him I'm bi, he expected me to just tell him that I'm gay. (I'm not sure why he wouldn't just take my word for it, but he is my best friend after all, so he probably had a good reason for drawing the conclusion that he did. and rightfully so. haha) He simply asked me if I was just not interested in girls anymore and I told him, like i did another friend, that I dated girls for my entire life but never felt a very overwhelming interest in them. (I suppose that's where the transgender bit comes in, but he doesn't know that.) I explained that there's no spark when i see a woman, though I can tell when one is attractive. A few more topics came and went. Then, something interesting. He told me that he's bi, although he doesn't believe he could hold a relationship with another man, he would fuck one. He told me that he's into the idea of threesomes and if he was ever in one that required another man, I would be his choice. He'd have to be a top, which is fine with me. I love him enough as my best friend to find him attractive as well, though he's not my normal type. I feel like we've taken a very interesting and important step in our relationship. I'm happy to say that neither of us feel weird about it. I was worried for a while how he felt about my situation, but I feel like we're closer than before, now.

2. Superconffused

Dude this is great man. Me and my best friend have hit a point I think I need to tell him I'm bi but man I am super scared! But reading your story gives me a lik hope. Can I ask you did he already kinda know you were gay? Like with my best friend if I jokingly say that I am gay he will just subtly said yes Ik already or something so I think he at least has suspicions. Also did you think he was bi before he came out to you? And how did he say he was bi?