1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you give them a chance even if you don't like them that way at first ?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Fimo, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Fimo

Out Status:
    All but family
    So I have a crush on a girl from my university.
    She is a few years older than me (like 3 or 4), and is obviously very gay. I started talking to her on facebook because we have no friend in common irl and I didn't cross her path often^, and then we saw each other irl a few times at parties. I feel like she likes talking to me, when the conversation stops she engages another one ... but still, i think that she is not into me because she always takes time to reply (like a day or two) and if she liked me she would reply more often.
    Even if I want to give up, i've started something, and what is the point of trying if it is to give up when it doesn't go exactly how you want.
    I'm just going to be more obvious about my intentions. I'm thinking of going straight to the point by asking her out.
    So i have a question, i know it depends on people, but would you give a chance to someone that asks you out, even if you don't like them that way atm ?
    Personally, I feel like i would. I'm not into guys, so obviously when a guy flirts with me i tell them, and don't accept a date with them. But I would probably go on a date with a girls if she is nice and funny, and especially if she know what she wants.
    I think she should know i didn't come to talk to her to go knitting together xD idk ^^

2. Sek

Sek

Being honest, I personally wouldn't give someone a chance if I didn't like them that way. I can understand why someone might decide to do it (ie, saving their feelings in the short-term, and possibly developing feelings later on) but for me it becomes too messy. The kind of questions I ask myself are: "How would it make them feel if you didn't like them to begin with but did it anyway?", "Who might they or I miss out on a relationship with if they're or I'm involved in this one?", "What would I tell them later on if it hasn't worked out?".

3. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sure, I don't mind trying it out, but it kind of makes me uncomfortable to know someone is romantically interested in me. It is probably different because I'm aromantic, but interested in those relationships. It's different for everyone, just make sure to clarify things before hitting a milestone or something.

4. Rydia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I thought there was a chance I might like them if I got to know them better and spent more time with them, then I'd consider it, but if I just know I'm not interested, I wouldn't want to waste my time or theirs.

5. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm open to the idea, but it really depends on the person. I'm not exactly one to develop feelings for people easily. If someone has a crush on me, and asks me out, I guess I would give it a shot, but I won't really expect much of it.

In simpler terms, if someone wants to become my significant other, and I don't feel the same way, either they'll have to give up, or make me fall in love.

6. BookWriter1994

Sure! I am so open to the idea! Who knows, I might just like them after I get to know them better! And I hope that everything works out for you!