1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sorry I need to rant about my Mother

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Commenza, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Commenza

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alright, so I came out to my Mom almost exactly 1 year ago. Her reaction was kind of negative back then (I mean it could have been worse but it wasn't great either). She still acts weird about it. I don't live at home anymore but when I visit her, she often mentions my sexuality in a negative way or makes comments that make me feel uncomfortable.

So when I was home recently, she suddenly started telling me this story that when she was around my age, a friend of hers spread rumors that she had something with a female friend of hers and when her boyfriend of that time heard about this, he beat her (my mother) up so much that she still has a scar from back then. I replied something like "This is unbelievable." and her answer was: "Well, he was just so shocked about this." She thinks it's justified what the guy did to her because.... yeah, sure, it is totally wrong to have something with a woman. That's what she was telling me anyway.

Also, she is scared that she could possibly not have grandchildren if I should have a girlfriend. But seriously, it doesn't matter if I have a boyfriend or girlfriend, I don't want to have children in any way. Shouldn't it be my decision if I want to have kids anyway?

#1 Commenza, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  2. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm sorry your mother is not only ununderstanding, but also offensive. It's good to hear that you don't live at home anymore. Hopefully one day your mother will come around, but maybe it's good to keep some distance if you can.

3. SparklyTaco17

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I came out to my mom she told me it was a phase but pretty outed me to my dad which made me mad . But she keeps sayin it's a phase. Maybe both our moms at just In denial or homophobic .