1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed! How do I move forward?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lady, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Lady

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To start off I am really new to all of this- girls, relationships, and posting here, so I'm sorry if there is a better place for me to be posting this!

I met this girl at my schools GSA, lets call her S. So after a few weeks during this 'speed meeting' (same idea as speed dating, but the school administrators were very adamant that there was to be no information exchanged) activity they threw, me and S were finally matched up. Had some good talks, then she gave me her number (vive la resistance) and told me to text her. Which I so did, after restraining myself a few hours as to not seem desperate. We texted back and forth for like eight hours, it was great. She said she thought I was cool and cute, I responded in the like. Turned out we have an acre of thing in common. Eventually S got around to asking me if I liked girls which I said yes to. Yadda yadda yadda, she asked if we could hang one day that week, I said yes. A scheduling conflict came up though, so it was scrapped. We have spent a little time at school together since, but I feel like it's been me who initiated them, as well as sending first texts to try and spark conversation. And since the topic of trying to get together outside of school hours hasn't come up since that first time, I'm afraid that if I'm the one who brings it up, I'll be coming on too strong??? I'm a very socially anxious person, and am just really afraid of ruining what could become a nice friendship or more.

Any advice or anything really would be so appreciated, I can't even say how unsure and nervous I am! :help:

tldr; a girl I like made first contact, pretty sure she likes me also, plans to get together fell through, nervous on how to approach making new ones.

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't sound like you'd be coming on too strong at all. You had plans, they fell through. If there's a time that you're free now, text her and ask if she wants to hang out. Good luck. :slight_smile: