1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm losing my best friend!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LoveMarshmallow, Nov 13, 2015.

1. LoveMarshmallow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    On Monday a friend had her 16th bday so today we're going out. It will be the first time our group of friends is doing something together since I told another friend who's also in that group of friends, I liked her. Today in school we already talked about today, we all 5. It wasn't even that weird even though I couldn't make many sarcastic comments which I would have normally made.
    The thing is that my best friend spent much time alone with my crush(I'm not sure if I still have feelings but it's easier to tell you like this) because me and my crush were or still are on distance and so our hole group didn't do much together. Today as we all talked I found out that my best friend talked about many things with my crush that she didn't talk to me about even though it's about people my crush doesn't know but I do. Those two were talking and her best friend, the bday girl and me just had to wait till they had ended their "private" conversation.
    I'm kinda angry because it's always the same with my crush. She always likes one person more than she likes the others. That's why I told her. Because I was so jealous.
    Well, so my best friend tells my crush about her problems and whatever she's just thinking about. And I only get the annoying pissing and moaning about how bad she is in school. It's like, I tell her something important and she ignores it and keeps on talking about her grades!

Do you have any advice what I could do?

2. Zelos

You should ask your best friend is she isn't crushing on your crush. It's quite possible qhe is, because she is preferring your crush to her best friend, you.

It seems that the problem you to are crushing on the same person is complicating the story. Do you know who he/she prefers? Prepare yourself to let go, because if you keep liking your crush and your best friend gets in a relationship with the crush, it will hurt you.

You say she "always does this". So you can either confront her (but it seems like she won't care and probably won't talk to you any more) and tell her this is no way to treat a friend, or you can ignore what she is doing to you and try spending time with other friends than her, so that she can come back to ou when she needs you - and then you can decide if you want to be close again.