1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I marry my stepdad’s brother?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TempUsername2, Nov 14, 2015.

1. TempUsername2

I am a 22 yo gay man. My dad died when I was a baby. My mom is 42 yo and she married a young man who is 17 yo younger than her. They love each other and they are both happy, so I have no problem with that. I am already out to my family and have been with a 27 yo man over five yrs, but I did not tell anyone about our relationship because he is my stepdad’s older brother. I moved in with him this year and I told my mom he lives very close to where I work and I am paying him rent (in fact I’m not). I really love him and even want to marry him, but he has not come out yet (he is actually bi, he never dated a guy before and everybody thinks he is straight) and I am afraid to tell my parents our real relationship because it might cause problems between my mom and stepdad. My boyfriend is ok with the current situation, I thought I would be as well but now I’m starting to doubt it, so should I say something or remain silent?

2. ATOMIC98

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    First of all Don't tell anyone he is gay that's his choice when he is ready to come out he will. you telling people that he is bi or gay and that you are in a relationship with your step dads brother might cause issues with him and your mom and step dad if you are ready to move on in the relationship and he is not than have a serious talk with him and see where things are going and if all he wants is friends with benefits than i would move on.

3. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't believe that it is illegal, and you aren't blood related so it doesn't really matter.

4. Distant Echo

She might be a little surprised, and perhaps disappointed that you've lied to her. The biggest problem, though, is that your partner is still firmly in the closet. I don't think there is anything you can do until he steps out that door.