1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An emotional conncetion with someoen i've never talked to once?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rainsworth, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, this is really weird.. honestly i don't know if it sounds like a cute, romantic movie plot or anything haha. i have this mutual crush on a guy -yes, i'm 99% sure he likes me and i'm not even an optimistic person, so that should tell you something- i've always saw the guy sitting alone, he doesn't seem to have any friends, i don't know if that's by choice or he's unable to... i've seen some guys and even girls try to talk to him once or twice but he always end up alone for some reason, so i guess he's unable to, he seem pretty damn anxious every time i catch him around, so he may be dealing with social anxiety. we're both loners, i've dealt with depression for two years and i lost all my friends due to low moods and such, it's my first year for me in this school and i basically don't talk to any people in my class unless it's about school-related crap, so it's safe to say he never saw me talking with anyone at all. i don't know how this whole thing between me and him started.. i've always noticed him, and he always used to grab my attention for some reason, he was one of the first faces i've laid my eyes upon at school, i always see him at lunch break and he grabs my attention like nobody else does, it's not that he's just attractive.. there's many attractive guys around and i feel nothing towards them, this whole epic, obsessive crush i'm dealing with now has started in before a month, while i was walking in the hallway i bumped into him, suddenly when my eyes met his, i've felt this weird feeling, a rush of adrenaline, my heart beating fast.. we both looked down immediately, i know he felt it too.. and since that encounter i always see him around me, he started sitting in places where he can see me, or i can see him during lunch break, he even sat next to me at some point, but we both couldn't speak a word to each other, unfortunately. i don't know if anyone of us will ever make a move, he seem too anxious and i'm... too dead inside? it's so fucking depressing. it doesn't feel like a normal crush or lust, it goes beyond that, the fact that i've met a guy who's a loner, is attractive, has an interest in me just seem too emotional for me.. someone i can share my loneliness with.

I've thought about the fact that he may be interested in me as a friend, but there's people who actually tried to talk to him.. so i guess he wouldn't be too interested in that case, it's been a month already and we still stare at each other and i can still feel this connection whenever i'm near him. i don't think a straight guy would ever be that interested in another guy.

Anyone dealt with a similar case before?

#1 Rainsworth, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That you have these feelings for another human being needs to mean that you are, in fact, not dead inside...

It can only begin with you, with the need to be a little vulnerable and open a conversation with him. A simple "hi" will suffice, but said in a way as if he were the only thing in the world at that moment, as if all the focus you can muster will be on him.

Read my signature below, it applies in all particulars.

3. Distant Echo

Sit next to him. And pass him a note. Just one that says "hi"

4. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You know, it would be A LOT easier to do that if he was in my class, but he's not. it's like our situation is perfect except for this one thing, i don't think i'm socially awkward but i've never been good at coming at random people and start conversations out of nowhere, imagine if one of us messed up the conversation... i would actually stab myself. guess i'll eventually grow some balls and do it..
    and if anyone have a similar situation feel free to post it here, i'll be interested in reading it!

5. Distant Echo

Lunch break.....have the note ready...break the ice :wink:

6. VolpeSolitario

I'm in exactly the same situation. When I first met eyes with this one guy I just felt a connection to him. Fast forward one year of me being completely alone because of my social anxiety, I finally decided that I couldn't bear the loneliness anymore, so I sat next to him. I could only say one sentence to him... kinda pathetic. I'm not even sure if he's gay. We've had some pretty awkward (on my end) situations though. I really want to be his friend anyway. He seems like a nice guy. He doesn't seem to talk much even when I try... I noticed his hands getting sweaty too x3 Maybe he has social anxiety too, even though he sits next to his friends. Maybe if I keep trying I can finally make a friend :/

7. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The only thing I can think of is giving him a note at lunch. Make sure you write in it some sort of invitation to talk more like inviting him to come sit with you at lunch anytime he wants or even give him your phone number and maybe you can text so you are a little more comfortable with each other if he's too anxious to talk to people straight away. Maybe both, or something similar. If he's looking at you too he probably wants to reach out or be reached out to but if you really think he's that anxious, make it easy for him.

8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As others mentioned, you should try and contact him, even if it's a simple hello at first. Don't settle for just crushing on him from afar because that will make you stressed out.