1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans Dating

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Logan2002, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Logan2002

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm a trans dude and i like guys, but i find the whole dating scene a bit difficult because so far even liking someone seems a bit pointless.

2. Mila

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi Logan2002,

Ah yes, the catch 22... It can be quite frustrating, and not a very easy thing to navigate at all. I guess it depends on how far in transition you are and how well you pass. I think it's easier if you pass well, but even then - can be quite tricky. You can always try online dating, if that's your thing, since it might be easier to kind of explain things up front?

Take care,
    Mila

3. Mila

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi Logan2002,

Ah yes, the catch 22... It can be quite frustrating, and not a very easy thing to navigate at all. I guess it depends on how far in transition you are and how well you pass. I think it's easier if you pass well, but even then - can be quite tricky. You can always try online dating, if that's your thing, since it might be easier to kind of explain things up front?

Take care,
    Mila

4. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

Since my transition, I have had no problem attracting guys. The problem is, they lose their attraction once they learn I'm trans. I find it so unfair... Though, if the internet is to be believed, there are a lot of guys who would be alright with dating a trans guy.

We just haven't met them yet, it seems.

5. NekoAlex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can try dating bisexual/pansexual guys. They would likely not lose their attraction once they find out you're trans.

6. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really feel for you guys who come up against this horrible wall. It probably does help if you are well into transitioning and pass easily and I know it's true that a lot of gay guys are happy to date trans guys. Try to remain positive and don't lose hope. I'm sure it's not easy, but a despondent and negative outlook will do more to put a guy off than the fact that you are trans. Free hugs to all of you. (*hug*)

7. QBear

I just want to echo this... I'm a bisexual/queer cis-man and I'm very attracted to transmen.
    And because I have experience with both penises and vaginas, I'm pretty comfortable with transmale genitals. In fact, I find that having elements of both is pretty damn sexy!

Admittedly, guys like me are a little harder to find, as bi-guys tend to be closeted at a higher rate than gay men. But rest assured, we exist. I recommend looking for guys like me on online dating sites.

Good luck!

---------- Post added 19th Nov 2015 at 02:28 PM ----------

Also, I want to add that two of my close friends are a gay trans-man / cis-man couple, and they are about to celebrate their 10 year anniversary.

So, there is hope that you CAN find the man of your dreams.
    :slight_smile: