1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad week

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    lately I have been having a bad week. The boy I loved for over a year turned out to be a douchebag who was purposefully avoiding me, my best friends hasn't contacted me for two weeks, school is just awful (sort of), and I just feel terrible. I have been having a hard time being alone because I just keep thinking pessimistically and I tried getting with friends but I keep getting paranoid that they hate me or I'm doing something wrong. I just want to take my mind off things and also ask this guy out, but (here's the pessimism) he might not be interested, I don't know him that well why try, It's too soon, etc.

I just need rational solutions to the latter topic and some confidence. The douchebag really screwed me over and I'm worried this will affect my thinking. Thanks in advance.

2. Psycho Jess

Psycho Jess Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww poor baby encountered a wild douche. That sucks. Don't let the trash get you down sweetie. And if you like him just ask!!

I stand firmly by the fact that "a date" is not "a boyfriend" or "an obligation." A date is saying, "hey, you interest me. Want to spend more time together so I can see how deep that interest runs?"

If he says no, then he's an idiot, and you deserve someone better anyway.

And I have a fun analogy about pessimism.

"Regardless of gender, we are all the fairy tail princess. And those assholes? They're the dragons. But you don't see dragons just milling about. They aren't chilling at the mall, or going driving, or playing video games. They're guarding towers! And those towers? They're the doubts. The first time you back down because your scared, you put yourself in a room with a locked door. And every time you doubt yourself after that, the room rises a little higher in the air. And the higher the tower gets, the more dragons show up. But the funny thing? If you finally decide to jump, to climb out the window and trust yourself, then I can promise, someone will be there to catch you."