1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a reason other than the truth why I can't go.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MtnFr3sh, Nov 18, 2015.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There's what I want to say what happened, but I am ashamed so I won't say what happened.

Let me just say. That due to the fact that I did something stupid out of anger and hurt and anxiety. I can't go on the trip with my Thespian troupe to the Texas Thespian Festival this year. My last year. My senior year.

My Director understand what happened and why it did. I am ashamed I put her in that position, she is not mad. Just upset. My principal on the other hand, knows that I am a good student, however she can't let me go on the trip... She said she was surprised she even approved me in the first place because my attendance at school has been spotty this semester.

Here's what I need help with. I'm already ashamed enough, my smart :***: mouth coupled with anxiety, stress, depression, and a bunch of other extenuating circumstances got me in trouble so I can't go.

I need an excuse. A good reason I can tell people why I can't go that they will believe and not pester me. If I say it was attendance, I feel somebody will go to my principal and ask if she can make an exception, because a friend of mine is going, and has spotty at best attendance as well. She is still allowed to go.

I can't just give my friends a random reason, because this is something everybody looks forward to all year, and since this is my senior year I would make damn sure to be there. My director still wanted me there. She's not just my teacher, but my friend as well.

If somebody could offer me a decent excuse to my friends, who would NOT let this go unless it was a good reason. It CAN'T be the truth. It just can't. Please please please don't ask me what it is I did, all you need to know is that when you're under a lot of stress and receive bad news, you can react poorly to the wrong people. I'm ashamed enough so please don't ask...

Thank you, any help would be great... :help:

2. Really

How about your parents are fed up with your spotty attendance and are making you do whatever schoolwork needs to be done and done well so that your college chances aren't compromised? So, no trip for you.

3. driedroses

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Really, and I'm the mom who would back you up, too. I tell my kids they can use me as an excuse if they don't want to / can't do something, but need a cover story. I have no problem being "the bad guy" in those situations.

If you think your friends might check with your parents, talk to them first and ask them to support you in this.

4. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Everybody knows my mom, she's been a substitute in the school district for over 10 years. And they know there's no way she wouldn't let me go.

5. Really

Well...does she know about your incident? Does she know you're embarrassed? I'm sure she doesn't want you to be any more embarrassed so perhaps she wouldn't mind "taking the blame" in this instance. You could even promise to actually work extra hard during the time you'd otherwise be away.