1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing myself, what to say?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wiires, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Wiires

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There's this insanely cute guy in my class (we're both college freshman) whom I've been crushing on like mad for the last few weeks. I've not actually met him before, but I first saw his picture on the cast wall of the play he was in (he's a theater major), then saw his facebook page. I've not been able to stop thinking about him since. I just keep picturing us happily ever after. I've got it bad.

I want to message him on facebook and hope that starts something. As of now, another play is going on that he's in so that gives me a good subject to bring up first. Complement him on his performance and stuff. I just am worried about what exactly to say. How do I start? Is it weird starting off "Hi, you don't know me but..." or should I say my name? Being facebook, my name is already there so I don't know if it's necessary or not.

I also don't want this to be a situation where it's a complement, thanks, then nothing else. I'm hoping for like a conversation to start and maybe friendship or something. I'd like it to be that when he reads my message, he gets a the feeling that I do like him and want to get closer. Does that make sense? I need help with figuring out the right thing to say to set this hope in motion.

I want to do this after the play is over and before our thanksgiving break, so like, 4 days from now. I don't want to wait too long after the play is over.

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Lead him into a conversation by asking a question.
    Even if you know the answer: you might know or notice he enjoys or connects with something about the play more than anything else. Ask him about that.

Ask him how he got to know the people doing the play, what he knows about the play's origins. If you can make a link between you and him, even better.

Hope these suggestions help.

3. Khorlidir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Find an excuse to smell him. If you like his body odour, then make sure, that he is also able to smell yours. It shall push your relationship a lot.

If you do not like his smell or do not feel it, you have deluded yourself into liking an image, not a person.