1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a crush...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by fragileflame, Nov 20, 2015.

1. fragileflame

Okay, so I am a Lesbian. But, I live in a very conservative place and I am no where near out. But, I have a huge crush on this girl who I know is gay...

I want to tell her but that would involve coming out and I just don't know what to do. I so much want to just shout "I'm gay" from the rooftops just so I could tell this girl. Any advice? :help:

2. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey fragileflame!

First of all well done for coming out to yourself! That's a huge step! Also congrats on coming out to your sisters! That's great too!

Coming out is such a personal process and it's really something that you need to decide for yourself whether, if, how, when, and to whom you want to. The answers to those questions may change as you go along.

I think there are a few things worth considering for you. First of all, do you trust the woman you have these feelings for? I mean, do you feel like she would care enough about you to keep it to herself if you asked her to? The reason I ask is that, while you may be feeling like you're about to burst from wanting to tell her, perhaps you're not ready to come out to the entire world yet? That's how I read your post anyway.

3. Khorlidir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Do not come out.

Ask her to go with you to a private place. She shall already start to think, that you might be interested in her. Then ask her to never tell anyone what you are going to tell her. Tell her, "Could we be a pair?"

This should work.

#3 Khorlidir, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  4. Kaboom

You don't have to come out for her You should do it for you, when you're ready to.

Being partially in the closet isn't going to stop you from getting to know her. Most of us have been there and I'm sure she would be understanding. You have taken a few steps in that direction, good on you :slight_smile: Get to know her better. Spend time together. You can come out to her, you don't have to come out for her.

5. fragileflame

See, I don't want to ask her to keep it to herself, that isn't fair to her. But, I just wish she would realize I have a crush on her