1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

....relationship in stand by....i think

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Brienne, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Brienne

so my girlfriend always identified as bi and i started to say i was pansexual but its still not quite that, still figuring it out and not in a hurry so im good. we've been dating for nearly 2 years and we r both in college,same age, difficult family positions...yada yada yada.
    she broke up with me before cause she said she didnt loved me anymore she felt nothing for me and it turns out she was just blocking out the fellings she had for me cause she had bigger issues to solve (alchoolic father...christian mother) and her brain blocked her felling out... we r both seing a shrink (the same on but individually) and the shrink agrees with this perception of reality. well after she solved herself she realised that i was not the problem and never was and she didi liked me and we got back together better than ever,healthier, friendlier and also a bit more slow cause we both felt it was all too quick before. adn we wherer good.... until we werent
    one day what was supposed to be a go out for ice cream turned into a...... melt down in plane mall. she was questioning everyhting again , with her head full of questions about welll....everythign herself, us , family the all 9 yards. i was able to remain rational and said we r putting a stand by on this, since , this time, she knows she likes me but shes not sure the sexual attraction is there, cause if she pictures it with a man it works but with girls, ...nhe, weird <- her answer
    before the first time she was attracted to me, then with the father issues she stop being adn when those where solved she could see clearly behind that huge "wall" and she was attracted to me and now she doesnt know anymore and i and the shrink think its cause theres a "wall" of problems that dont allow her to see.

the first time we where apart was for 3 months i flunked my college year, i got into a depression and my health (auto imune desease...so no health actually) went to crapped and my dose had to be raisin up ..... its been 3 weeks this time and we r trying to maintain a "friendship basis" its akward and we both agree on that. im just a bit lost here. my shrink says its good that shes figuring herself and being more confident and stuff and im really proud of her for her progress so far but i dont wana end up on the statistics of young relationships that break up or dont last cause she is defining herself adn so am i....diferently cause i could do it within our relationship and she wasnt able to....
    we r a really good pairm we become each other save-port and i realy dont wana end up on the "bad" side of the stats

2. Khorlidir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Tell her, that you love her very much and wish to plan the future together. If she agrees, start telling her, how you would live together, who would do what. Then talk about adopting a child together (if that is possible). Simply show to her, that the future, that you might have, is very solid and truly achievable.

#2 Khorlidir, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  3. Brienne

we have talked and she knows i like her, she is crazy about kids and so am i we are both anxious that we reach that point in our lifes....but we r both only around early 20...a bit too soon to be thinking of adopting tough we have talked about it and we know eachothers wishes and lans very well and ...they fit wuite well.
    as to a solid and achieveble future its a bit more difficult. im one of those people that if my parents dont like my partner ill crap all over them and i wont give a dam waht they think as long as they r respectfull towards said partner, as her in another hand gives alot of toughts and time to what her family (that is huge.....around 6 brothers to each parent) thinks....and i get what u meen... trying to make her feel confy about us and future, but its hard when u dont know where u r gona end up working when u dont know if or when u r gona be stable .....
    besides right now shes in a very deep area, like she doesnt talk to anyone besides her shrink (not even me, wich she always did) about what shes solving cause she doesnt want other people opinions or questions to make her confused....

4. Khorlidir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Then try hard to plan that future yourself and present it to her. Instead of being despaired you could act and show her, that you are industrious and insightful. She sees you as an obstacle called "love" and it irritates her. You have to shift from being an obstacle to something, that propels her forward.

It is very important for you two to burrow through the life together.

5. Brienne

and how am i supposed to do that?
    i meen im no confident and full self-understanding person besides she as hurt me the other time we wherent together adn i cant believe thi is hapening again.... but when shes so confused and stuff how do i get her to see me as a propeler?specially since shes so confused or unguided towards figuring out if she likes girls or not

6. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm sorry this is happening to you, and that this is the second time she's caused this type of drama. She seems like she has a lot of problems, and on top of that, questioning her sexuality. If you are on friendly terms, then there's nothing else you can do at the moment to help her, or make her see things differently. She has to process things on her own like she did with the therapist last time, and it's up to you to wait for her or not.

Does she tell you that she needs time to figure things out but she is trying to resolve it for both your sakes, or did she just want out and ignore the situation/your feelings, etc? If the latter, I think you need to prioritize your feeling and protect yourself. Perhaps try to focus your attention and energy on other things in life, and don't wait for her to come around. I hope things will turn out well for you in the end.

7. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm sorry this is happening to you, and that this is the second time she's caused this type of drama. She seems like she has a lot of problems, and on top of that, questioning her sexuality. If you are on friendly terms, then there's nothing else you can do at the moment to help her, or make her see things differently. She has to process things on her own like she did with the therapist last time, and it's up to you to wait for her or not.

Does she tell you that she needs time to figure things out but she is trying to resolve it for both your sakes, or did she just want out and ignore the situation/your feelings, etc? If the latter, I think you need to prioritize your feeling and protect yourself. Perhaps try to focus your attention and energy on other things in life, and don't wait for her to come around. I hope things will turn out well for you in the end.

8. Brienne

she has a lot on her mind yes..its rufe to say the least.... the questioning her sexuality just appeared out of the blue right now. she was always confident about it and i was the shaky one. we r on friendly terms yes, and yeah i guess there isnt much i can do but i get left with a felling of emptness shes the one i like so i feel useless...

and in the begining when she was still with a clear mind she said she was fighting for us, and she wanted the us to exist ..right now she doesnt know anymore...ok what i meen is she is unsure if she likes girls but she likes me so it gets confusing so shes thinking in all of it but doesnt want to tell anything untill shes more sure of her decision so that people dont make her more confused adn so she doesnt hurt me more... i do believe she is fighting for us ... she is still protecting me, she is keeping the stand by as a way to not hurt me as much adn she doesnt say how things are progressing so i dont hurt with so much changing of minds... so yeah i guess she is (without knowing completly) protecting me and wishing it goes well...of course affraid of the outcome.
    and i did try to focus on stuff that distract me but as a student, kids and animals are not the easiest thing to find :S.
    thank you for your words :slight_smile: