1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The usual

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lonely10240, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Lonely10240

Hello I have a question for those people who are "out there".

How do I come out to my family and friends that I am not straight. You see I grew up in a religious household and they keep saying that "I am going to get married with a girl and have ids and stuff because the bible says so." But recently, I had a "moment" with a guy and I kind of liked it. He actually made me comfortable liking guys and stuff but it made me more unsure and confused of myself. I want my family to know so that they can help and support me because I know that they are caring people. But I don't want my head to get ripped off...

Can anyone help?

2. Khorlidir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Write down all pluses if you come out and all minuses. Think thoroughly. Spend at least half an hour on it.

If you do so, you shall decide yourself, what to do and you shall have more willpower to tell it to your parents in case you decide to.

3. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey I'm kind of religious so many be done a lot of research on the issue read https://www.gaychristian.net/greatdebate.php Side B has some "gay-affirming" biblical arguments
    Also this verse, Specifically the "forbid people to marry":

“The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. They forbid
    people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods,which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.
    If you point these things out to the brothers and sisters, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, nourished on the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed.”
    1 Timothy 4:1-6

I'm not sure if you're still religious, but even if you're not there will help your family understand that it's ok