1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Date ideas

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by questions4ever, Nov 21, 2015.

1. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I asked this amazing girl out and she said yes! I told I think something casual would work best for our first date since we've been friends and I've never been on a date before. Date suggestions coffee? Movie(any suggestions)? I'm considering going to a pottery painting place? Any cute/creative ideas. Also any tips or advice would be great? I've never been on a date before of any sort

2. confusedbubble

Don't go to the movies you can't talk go for a coffee and a nice walk with her

3. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yep. Don't go to the movies for a first date. It's so boring and you can't talk with your date.

I think pottery or painting might be really fun. Perhaps something less messy, though, and something that you can do that won't take too much mental effort. Walking in the park, cherry picking, painting, etc.

#3 Steve FS, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  4. Really

For some reason doing something where you're not just sitting still appeals because if its momentarily awkward, you're not just sitting there staring at each other.

I like the idea of the aquarium because besides the pretty fish, it's a little dark in there, too. :slight_smile: The zoo? I also like your pottery painting idea, too.

5. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends where you are. If you can do something fun together, do something fun together. It will help you kickstart getting to know each other better.

You can go for coffee/tea/whatever hotness in a cup that floats her boat afterwards or next time. Pick cozy place away from noisiness, but with a warm atmosphere and a sofa. Sitting on a sofa together encourages open body language. Open body language is good. :wink:

6. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    All of the above mentioned sound good. Whatever you choose, your first date should allow you both to communicate and learn more about one another, while having a fun time otherwise.

If you and your date share a common hobby (such as pottery) It'd give you something in common right of the bat and stand as a great option for a date. Keep in mind that the hobby shouldn't require intense focus, otherwise you could unintentionally ignore your date.