1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Dilemma

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LionsDen95, Nov 21, 2015.

1. LionsDen95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, the last few months, I've been trying to figure out if I like this one guy or not, and I realized that I do. I do have a bit of a crush on him, but it's nothing major. How do I know that I have a crush on him; I've starting thinking more about him lately, and I spent the whole day with today because we went out with a group of friends. He spent most of the time talking to me, and standing next to me. And the whole time I was with him, I kept wishing that he and I were dating.

The dilemma is that as usual, he has a girlfriend. But to me, their relationship is weird. He brings her to some of the events we have at our school, and when she's with him, they always sit by me and he always sits in the middle between me and his girlfriend, and I've noticed that he spends more time talking to me then he does his girlfriend which bothers me a little considering that he should be focused more on his girlfriend than me. in fact, he has never formally introduced me to his girlfriend. And when I'm around him and his girlfriend, I get this vibe that he's not as into it as she is. (But, maybe that's me being bias because of my feelings for him).

I personally feel that he has some gay tendencies or might even be gay, but does not accept it because I know his mother his very religious.

Anyway, I wonder if I should tell him or not about my little crush on him before it turns into something major. I feel like if I tell him and get rejected early then I'll move on quickly, but at the same time, I don't want to make our friendship awkward. What do you think I should do? He's liberal and supports gay rights so I don't think he'll react in a homophobic way.

#1 LionsDen95, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you need to weigh how much you want to tell him versus how much you value your friendship. There's always a risk when you tell someone you like them that things could get awkward. Whatever his sexuality or his relationship, he does have a girlfriend.If you are going to do it, frame it carefully. Tell him that you don't want to lose him as a friend and that you don't have any expectations, you just wanted him to know.