1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Najlen, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Najlen

One of my close friends just asked me out, and I said yes because I've had a crush on her for a really long time. Fortunately I don't have to worry about acceptance issues, because we were at a cast party and she did it at the end of her speech and everyone clapped when I said yes, so they obviously don't care. Anyway, this is my first relationship and I'm really nervous because I don't really know how to be someone's girlfriend, especially not at the beginning. Advice?
    Thanks!

2. Kaboom

Aw cute. Don't worry too much about it. It's a pretty natural thing. Don't think so much. Spend time with her and let things go where they go. There isn't a play by play I could give you. It's new and exciting and you're nervous. That's normal. Go about it the same way you would when you make a new friend. Get to know her.

If you care about her, show her
    If you love her, tell her
    Be open and make time for her
    Listen
    Enjoy the moment

3. Kaboom

Aw cute. Don't worry too much about it. It's a pretty natural thing. Don't think so much. Spend time with her and let things go where they go. There isn't a play by play I could give you. It's new and exciting and you're nervous. That's normal. Go about it the same way you would when you make a new friend. Get to know her.

If you care about her, show her
    If you love her, tell her
    Be open and make time for her
    Listen
    Enjoy the moment

---------- Post added 22nd Nov 2015 at 06:18 AM ----------

Also wanted to add...
    Don't let the term ''girlfriend'' obligate you to do or say things. Don't say something unless you mean it. Don't do something unless you feel it. She likes YOU and wants to spend time with YOU. She's going to want to cuddle and all those cute things. She's going to want more of your attention than your friends do. Give it to her because you want the same things. ENJOY IT. It's awesome stuff.